Question

Haidyn

Owner
Staff member
Owner
The only reason we've heard to keep it is it creates "competition" which really doesn't outweigh the negatives behind it. You don't see deaths in games like GTA, runescape, minecraft because it generally can be anti-competitive when it's visible (people don't want to do X, X and X in fear of dying for example)

So currently no, we are not planning to have deaths visible to everyone - we're willing to hear a different argument though if you have one.

Jamalxo

MAN wtf I want deaths 2 be shown I want 2 reach 1k deaths first >? on my (troll) fk taking it serious I wanna grind them deaths. People will still not want 2 die anyways people still will care about who they die 2 etc. Like even on my troll I was like NAAA not letting that bitch kill me and runs. People will still care about deaths anyways watch lol on my main I still will try not 2 die as much as I can espically if weapons are lost from dying. etc thats 1.5k dropped everytime at least.

but tbh all I am saying most players will probably play the same way they did in V2 but idc if they shown or not. We will see ifnplayers play the same way :)

Liquid

The only reason we've heard to keep it is it creates "competition" which really doesn't outweigh the negatives behind it. You don't see deaths in games like GTA, runescape, minecraft because it generally can be anti-competitive when it's visible (people don't want to do X, X and X in fear of dying for example)

So currently no, we are not planning to have deaths visible to everyone - we're willing to hear a different argument though if you have one.
Sorry, but that is wrong. K/D's on OSRS and on GTA are publically visible. A dozen of Minecraft servers also make them publically visible.

Haidyn

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Sorry, but that is wrong. K/D's on OSRS and on GTA are publically visible. A dozen of Minecraft servers also make them publically visible.
KDA is something we've talked about instead of your actual number stats, though it might just create a similar problem.

We also discussed some kind of user rating using a formula that would take into account kills, deaths, damage take, damage received, arrests etc which I'd be more in favor of personally because it's competitive around the whole game not just how many times you died on a fighting game.

Last edited:

Liquid

KDA is something we've talked about instead of your actual number stats, though it might just create a similar problem.

We also discussed some kind of user rating using a formula that would take into account kills, deaths, damage take, damage received, arrests etc which I'd be more in favor of personally because it's competitive around the whole game not just how many times you died on a fighting game.
I do completely agree with you, but there are more playstyles to a game than just a fixed one. Some may consider having 0 deaths as competitive, some don't, but rather having the most deaths for example. Nonetheless, having a KDA ratio would be way better, in my opinion, but for it to work without creating the exact same issue, you would need to remove the ability to see your kills and/or assists. If the assists, kills, and KDA would be visible, you could just do some simple math and find out how many deaths each player has.