Farming Guards

Jenx

Loves PeakRP
Nov 27, 2016
I have brought this issue up before, and I have many who stand aside me on this. If you do the math, farming is not worth a damn thing. I am able to MAYBE farm 1 or 2 items before I get jumped by 8-9 different people. You can't even be minding your own business or even reason with anyone without getting knocked out. The nearest safe place is the clothing store and even running there is 1% chance you'll make it because if you have 8 people running at you, you'll be dropped like a fly in a second. You spend 10c per death plus whatever you're carrying 10-20 coins average loss there. Could I go to the bank? If I could make it alive.

You make 5 coins per crop if you even are able to farm. This is ridiculous. At least add guards where there is high activity in the room or high amount of players online. Its not balanced at all and its getting real frustrating.

sef

PeakRP Addict
May 26, 2017
Tbh i've farmed on numerous alts and it's not even that bad (or at least when I did it..?), also farming is better money than working at a corp which is why it should have a bigger risk than just chilling in a corp. Also learn to juke

Rose

PeakRP Addict
Mar 14, 2017
While I do happen to think its annoying to be jumped while farming, I do think you're exaggerating to some extent, i can sometimes do full trips of farming without being hit, technically speaking, it is worth it and farming can indeed be better than working in some cases. Take the hospital for example. I believe it takes around 50 seconds to farm one mending weed, thats 10/11 in 10 minutes and they usually sell for 5-6 coins so you'd be making 50-60c in 10 mins which is sometimes greater than 2/3 shifts in a corp. (this is without any skill points)
While I do believe some protection should be added to farming areas, I don''t believe its a full necessity and I think if some protection should be added, it should only be one guard moving around the farming area

Reactions: B0T and Ztekatek

Jenx

Loves PeakRP
Nov 27, 2016
The corp is boring, I'd rather scavenge by interacting and making coins. You have people waiting 99% of the time near a farm waiting for a kill. Its not just 1 person. I believe there should be a consequence to assaulting someone who is minding their own business farming. There is hardly any cops that even go by the area.