Christmas 2019 Feedback!

Dan

Events Manager
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 26, 2017
Australia

Merry Christmas everyone! We hope you have enjoyed the past month of festivities, and would love to hear any feedback you might have regarding the special events that have run on Peak.

Quick Recap:
  • Winter/Festive Themed Map
  • Clothing Store Updates (Snowman Outfit, Limited Clothing Re-Release, Halo and Crown Return)
  • 12 Days of Christmas (1st December - 23rd December)
  • Christmas Quest (1st-10th December)
  • Build a Snowman (11th-20th December)
  • Fight Tournament
After our Halloween period, we gathered feedback in a poll and in a forum thread, and have used that information to bring you the events of the past month, so we hope we have improved in giving you all what you wanted.

Feel free to go into as much detail as you want, the more information we get the better!

Reactions: Owen and mia

Cindy

Active Peaker
Jan 7, 2018
Winter/Festive Theme Map
aww such a cute addition, super cute map imo (my favorite map so far). I wish the houses had snow on top of it tho and more Christmas themed exteriors

Clothing Store Updates
loved the nice addition of bringing previous clothing items back, finally bought the wings >_<

12 Days of Christmas
LOVED IT, definitely more challenging than previous (i guess that's what we all wanted) BUT GET RID OF ROOM 2!

Christmas Quest
loved it as well. i just liked it how it wasn't at one spot and it required looking more around the map and also it was longer n a bit challenging cause one vixen could have meant multiple vixens god knows

Build a Snowman
cute addition, waiting for who won the snowman competition >_<

Fight Tournament
entertaining

Kepler

New User
Nov 22, 2019
12 Days of Christmas (1st December - 23rd December)

The concept of having a different room open up each day was interesting however the execution was fucking disastrous. When doing some of the maze levels, I received the same levels of enjoyment when my childhood dog got ran over when I was 7. It seems as if the creator of some of these rooms thought the idea of fun was synonymous to hard and annoying as fuck. It was like they got a sense of accomplishment whenever someone :suicided in their room. Also, for some levels there was a one way gate forcing you to enter some of the god awful rooms without the option of leaving which I thought was bizarre. Some people come on Peak to play casually, not to spend hours clicking teleports.

Though I do believe there was one room that I did find decent. For the rest of events, I think they were interesting especially the fight tournament with the stream.

Reactions: Owen and Star

Issy

New User
Nov 12, 2019
I don't really care but I prefer the old map
  • Clothing Store Updates (Snowman Outfit, Limited Clothing Re-Release, Halo and Crown Return)
I dont really care about Habbo clothes aswell but the snowman outfit was funny
pretty good event, I enjoyed most of the levels. next time i would like to see less telephrases / luck based levels.
Especially the snake mazes were really nicely made.
Not that enjoyable but its nice to play when u don't got anything else to do
Funny to be able to build snowmans for a temporary period, but sadly only the people that are 24/7 online have a chance to compete for most snowmans built
  • Fight Tournament
Really good event; Luke/owen did a good job hosting it

Overall rating:
Peak has definitely been more fun the last couple of weeks because of the events; keep it going!

Reactions: Dan and Owen

mia

New User
Apr 4, 2017
    The map was absolutely amazing and couldn't have asked for any better map theme! It's nice to see a change in the map every so often to fully experience the different themes whilst online and participating in winter style events. 🎅 ❄

Updates to clothing and online store has been a nice adjustment and has given so many people the chance to get items whilst still 'controlling' the economy. Halo and Crown return did me some wonders so I can't fault that at all, it's nice to have them back temporarily. The snowman outfit was a shock when it come out at 10k as it is a seasonal clothing item and will probably only be worn for a short period of time until new seasons come around, but yet again it was nice to see something different on LTD that I hadn't previously seen before.

• 12 Days of Christmas (1st December - 23rd December) & Christmas Quest (1st-10th December)
    I wanna kill you sometimes Dan. I really do (especially with some of those rooms :mad:) but your effort didn't go unnoticed and the events were a nice distraction from the role-play side of the game. I think they were well put together and regardless of how hard some of them were I still managed to complete them. It was nice to know there was another room coming within a period of days and it gave me and other users something to look forward to as events like these are fun. I liked the change in the quest items around the hotel as it made it harder for teamwork to happen. 100% would participate again.

This event was nice but I do believe it has its disadvantages such as gangs roaming the streets, I believe they get more access to these snowballs which leaves individuals unable to fully participate in the event until the gang(s) have gone offline. It was nice to have the snowballs spawn in corporations for this exact reason but I'd say there should be a reward per snowman built, so it encourages more people to participate.

• Fight Tournament
    Not my type of event but the fight tournament was over quickly which I am thankful for, it was great to have some users participating and speaking appropriately during the call event. I think it would be great to add a Gang Fight Tournament to see gangs vs each other in a controlled area - no medkits, no heals, cheetos or room hopping.

I have enjoyed participating in the winter events this year and I look forward to more in the future. <3

Leesa

Active Peaker
Aug 2, 2017
Winter/Festive Theme Map
I loved the updated map for the Christmas period! So cute and defo got me in the festive mood :)

Clothing Store Updates
Nice idea to bring some of the limiteds back, and the crowns. Although I didn't buy any (not really into clothes) it was nice that other people could get them!

12 Days of Christmas
Ngl I only did a couple rooms, I kinda lost interest because my ping doesn't really allow me to finish these types of games ;(

Christmas Quest
Aw I loved the quest! It was great fun, I completed it with a friend so I just kinda followed him, loved the scarf!!!

Build a Snowman
This was fun!! Haven't been playing much recently so didn't build many snowman but I liked the idea :)

Fight Tournament
Fun, although I have to say I was better than Korpm, if my lag was sorted I woulda smashed him ngl. #MythIsNotCame

Overall, Peak has been more enjoyable with the events, please keep them coming!! :)

Reactions: Dan, Ahsan and Owen

Animal

APD Senior
Mar 10, 2019
Yes 10/10 would bang.
10/10
Some rooms were a bit too difficult and time constraining, especially for APD officers that have to divvy up there time elsewhere, but apart from that, it was very complex and well thought out. Also rooms were actually fun to do.
Didn't do it because I figured it'd be like the other ones where you just run room to room clicking a certain furni for clues and I personally don't enjoy it. Most people just leak answers anyway and people just do it for the prize and not amusement.
Small addition that was probably my favorite part. It was nice to see all the snowman being built and for such a small feature, it definitely was worth it.
  • Fight Tournament
Indifferent since I don't really fight but the timing of it was short and sweet. Glad it wasn't prolonged over the entire month, otherwise we'd never hear the end of it.

Reactions: Dan