Balance Changes

Hades

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Sep 24, 2016
Skill Balancing
  • Fighter is now capped at level 15 (12 bonus damage)
  • Juggernaut is now capped at level 10 (50 bonus HP)
  • Cheap Shot is now capped at Level 20 (5 range)
  • Striker is now capped at Level 15 (20% crit chance)
  • ^ Striker math changed to 5% base + level
Context:
We did massively undershoot the numbers on skills and people have far exceeded our expectations on obtaining very high levels in a relatively short space of time. Although 2 months isn't that long to max out a skill they've now reached points that we don't want them going over so the caps are to ensure that users who have more time do not continue to reach levels that will never be achievable by the average user. We preferred capping a skill rather than changing the numbers on XP which would result in you losing levels based on XP calculations.

We'll continue to monitor the numbers. Currently those with the highest Fighter level, using a sword and hitting a target with the newly buffed Body Armour you're going to be looking at 26-28 damage. We feel this is a fairer amount taking into account bonus damage you can attain from Executioner and Drugs, as well as the fact we've reduced max HP by 50.

Item Balancing
  • Weapon durability increased by 50%
  • Armour durability increased by 50%
  • Armour damage reduction increased to 20%
Misc
  • Stun immunity added meaning you can not be stunned more than once in 5 seconds (excluding stunguns)
  • Prison keys can no longer be deposited or sold on the marketplace
  • Pepper spray no longer be sold on the marketplace
  • :wardrobe is no longer available while aggressive
Context:
Stuns are too much during bigger group fights, we like having stun options available but people are being punished too much when a big group targets them and being repeated locked up through stuns.
Prison keys are too attainable with many people having 5+ stored so you'll now need to use them or lose them.

A substantial balance update aimed at bringing some of the massively overpowered skills into line

Last edited by a moderator:

iWail2

Feb 17, 2019
I love it how the price of prison keys gna increase.
Will they still be tradable?

B0T

Apr 20, 2019
wait so what happens to ppl who got a higher jug lvl then 10 do they get demoted

iWail2

Feb 17, 2019
wait so what happens to ppl who got a higher jug lvl then 10 do they get demoted
Yep, I got demoted from 205hp to 200hp. You can still have a higher level, but you wont get more hp for it. Like, I am still level 11 (which was 205 hp before), but I dont have 205 hp anymore. I am level 11 and have 200 hp now. And the same counts for the other levels (like fighter en cheap shot). You can get level 100000, but you will not have 500150 max health for that level.

That means the following:
Jugger max = 200 hp at level 10. Levelling still possible; no extra health for any level up higher than 10.
Fighter max = +12 damage per hit at level 15. Levelling still possible; no extra damage per hit for any level up higher than 15.
Cheap Shot = 5 range at level 20. Levelling still possible; no bigger range for any level up higher than 20.

If you was already a higher level than the capped level, you will get 'demoted'. Example: Bob is level 20 Jugger, he used to have 250 max health. He is still level 20, but his max health now is 200.

Ziku

Apr 5, 2019
I knew there would be level capping at some point. I was starting to imagine stuff like Subaru one shotting me 200 damage while trying to farm mending weeds. =[