apex Apex Spotlight 5 - Map & Transport

Haidyn

Owner
Staff member
Owner
MAP & TRANSPORT

Quick spotlight here just to give you the map and briefly explain the couple of options you have for getting around now that :taxi has been removed!
Linked below (warning: very large image) is our brand new map for the city of Apex.

MAP

Apex map has a total of 19 outer rooms compared to v2 which had 35.
This means less room changing while keeping a similar size map by increasing the size of each room. As well as this every outside room on the map is room ads (pictures) which reduces the amount of furni you are loading alot.

Link to the map which will be updated if we make any changes between now and opening: https://peakrp.com/img/apex/map.png

Link above to the full size image

As you will be able to see the map features a number of dead end's, there's is hardly any spots to simply infinitely loop around like you were previously able to meaning running away constantly is going to be a much more difficult task.

TELEPORT POLES

Teleport poles are the quickest option to teleport to set points on the map, there's currently 3 at opposite corners and will allow you to teleport.
The use of these poles costs 25c / 15 energy (less for VIP) and it takes 3 seconds to teleport, moving or being hit during that time will cancel it.

As shown, the teleport poles are in set spots so you are restricted to exactly where you can teleport too.
For your information it lists the nearby buildings to each pole. We will be open to adding more spots to teleport to if the map ends up increasing in size over the life of Apex which may happen.

SKATEBOARDS

Skateboards are a new VIP perk which are available for free to anyone who is a VIP.

To be very clear this is aimed at simply getting around the map quicker now there is no taxi. Some examples of use may include: a fast way to visit your friends at the pub, getting to the turf as fast as possible to defend your gang. What it will not do is give any advantage while fighting or fleeing from cops.

You will not be able to mount your skateboard while: you are in combat or have aggression, you are wanted by the APD, you are working (cops).

You can toggle the skateboard to be active and not active as you can with macros, so feel free to turn it off if you don't want to use it for a while!
Lastly, the skateboard is only active on roads and pavements, so you'll have to pick your route when roaming the map or you'll fall off!

Feel free to ask any questions and we'll answer anything we have definite answers for below!

Last edited:

Cammy

it is a vip perk so it would defeat the point if it was to be traded with everyone
Allowing VIPs to tell their skateboard benefits them if they wish to do so. It also gives users a chance to get one who don't wanna spend £5 every month.

I'm also interested in what happens with the skateboards, do they expire? How long do they last for, will you have to fix it if it breaks?

+ The map looks awesome!

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Haidyn

Owner
Staff member
Owner
'm also interested in what happens with the skateboards, do they expire? How long do they last for, will you have to fix it if it breaks?
Currently it's a simple VIP perk that isn't physical so you can't do anything with it other than toggle it. We don't have any immediate plans to enhance it further right now as it's simply not that big of a priority, if we do we'll bare that in mind though!

Hi, it says “You neeed 25c” and why does Brandy have a statue in the city? Aha I seen it.
Typo fixed! Those are in-game leaderboards, that particular one is for the Arena so naturally Brandy is number 1.

Reactions: Dan

Jamalxo

I don't know how I feel about skateboards.
same a gang can just rush you and catch upto you if they dont have agg then hit you i guess and if you have agg you might find urself with 8 nggas up ur ass because od skateboards.? taxis goin 2 be missed rip

OP
OP
H

Haidyn

Owner
Staff member
Owner
I don't know how I feel about skateboards.
same a gang can just rush you and catch upto you if they dont have agg then hit you i guess and if you have agg you might find urself with 8 nggas up ur ass because od skateboards.? taxis goin 2 be missed rip
We're ready to add an energy usage or time restrict it in bursts if needed though we're generally seeing that it just feels nicer than just using :taxi to teleport anywhere in 4 seconds. You also have no skateboard when you're wanted or have been in combat (combat timer is different to aggression, it lasts longer and includes a range of activities not just hitting).

The chances of a load of gang members not being wanted, or having been in combat recently finding you alone with aggression? Not highly likely I imagine. But if they do so what, you got outplayed - that's kind of the mentality we're going with for Apex!