apex Apex Spotlight 2 - Room Load

Cosmo

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Roomload
The first thing we looked at when working on Apex was room load, as a lot of people don't want to or can't fight on v2 due to being outclassed by people who can load rooms so much faster than them, which is unfair and it doesn't feel good to play.

Room load has been DRASTICALLY improved on Apex, with the intention to allow more people to be able to play fairly, and not be worried about fighting because people might be faster than them.

Chrome room load: https://gfycat.com/GiftedEthicalEyelashpitviper

Maxthon 4 roomload: https://gfycat.com/ThirstyMaleDoctorfish

Map
As well as code optimization we decided early on to change the style of the map to how roleplays have been since they began.
Instead of having lots of smaller streets that you have to move around, we have much less larger rooms using room ads for everything to ensure they are still smooth to load.

Due to this, in comparison to the v2 map there is almost 50% less streets yet the map is of a similar size. There is still plenty of space to play but you won't be needing to change rooms every 10 tiles as every single outside room is the same size. The map also has dead ends as apposed to the infinite loops that you could do on v2 so running away will be a harder task to achieve.

Last edited by a moderator:

Modified

Im guessing the guards walking round will help us when were being attacked? like what would happen in the hospital? Im not really into being killed all the time to be honest. I know a lot of people enjoy fighting. So do i, but i dont want to do it 24/7 which it seems like you kind of have too so you can stay alive

Modified

One of the best features in my opinion. A game changer for all role-play hotels, making the game fair for everyone.
Looking forward to this. When i first started playing v2 i wasn't thrilled i had to change browser completely just to avoid dying because i couln't reload quick enough :D