apex Apex Spotlight 1 - Skills System

xoa

May 30, 2017
So I have a few questions about gathering resources like when you’re mining farming etc as you level up the mining skill for example will you get more each time you mine or even sell it for more? Like does leveling that skill up do anything for you or is it just better to keep it at level one? Sorry I haven’t really been following closely.

Haidyn

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Sep 24, 2016
So I have a few questions about gathering resources like when you’re mining farming etc as you level up the mining skill for example will you get more each time you mine or even sell it for more? Like does leveling that skill up do anything for you or is it just better to keep it at level one? Sorry I haven’t really been following closely.
Yeah leveling up your farming skills will drastically reduce your gathering time as you hit higher levels, I think we'll also be adding the chance to find other stuff while you're farming which you can sell to a general store. Regarding prices for what you sell, all that trade is player to player so prices will be decided by you.

Reactions: Cammy

xoa

May 30, 2017
Maybe as you level up your resource gathering skills you could have a chance to find double materials or a rare material which you could sell for more then the usual

Reactions: Haidyn

xoa

May 30, 2017
Also whilst we’re on the topic do you need a pick axe or some sort of tool for resource gathering if so do they break overtime? Will you need to go to the blacksmith yo repair the tool? If so if you trade with him multiple times would it possible to get like a small discount for being s loyal customer or a chance to bargain with him?

miguelv2

Jan 10, 2018
new york
peakrp.com
Basically theres no independance unless you feel like being chased & murdered by Alpha 3.0, Users are practically forced into making friends with snakes and trashbins to side against the exploit using dumbass's? Sounds Lit. Still prefer the classics Peakv1 / Peakv2(Dec 17 Released)

You guys honestly went down the wrong path ... Simple Corp Updates, Additional Corp's created, A variety of other things to do rather than just murder people 24/7 would of been great to see in a "roleplaying" environment. Instead our only option of roleplaying is to be gang affiliated, drug consuming murderers who have the option to either sit down fish all day, smash rocks for entertainment or be blood thirsty pyschopaths. If this is what your users wanted we'd all just be playing Grand Theft Auto. Even I who was just playing peak for competitive purposes loved the presence of the other passive side individuals who had the option between an immersive lifestyle rather than being forced into becoming a stat hungry roomload obsessed idiot.

I don't mean to advertise but there was this RP back in the day that actually had Corp stocks etc. and workers HAD to actually create products for the corp to sell in order for the corporation to make money. If the corps employee's werent creating the specific products the store sold (Employees had to go from machine to machine baking pies etc) the stock would be empty and there would be nothing to sell. Thats the kind of immersive activities you guys SHOULD have implemented into the game, literally.

Last edited:

Haidyn

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Sep 24, 2016
Basically theres no independance unless you feel like being chased & murdered by Alpha 3.0, Users are practically forced into making friends with snakes and trashbins to side against the exploit using dumbass's? Sounds Lit. Still prefer the classics Peakv1 / Peakv2(Dec 17 Released)

You guys honestly went down the wrong path ... Simple Corp Updates, Additional Corp's created, A variety of other things to do rather than just murder people 24/7 would of been great to see in a "roleplaying" environment. Instead our only option of roleplaying is to be gang affiliated, drug consuming murderers who have the option to either sit down fish all day, smash rocks for entertainment or be blood thirsty pyschopaths. If this is what your users wanted we'd all just be playing Grand Theft Auto. Even I who was just playing peak for competitive purposes loved presence of the other passive side individuals who had the option between an immersive lifestyle rather than being forced into becoming a stat hungry roomload obsessed idiot.

I don't mean to advertise but there was this RP back in the day that actually had Corp stocks etc. and workers HAD to actually create products for the corp to sell in order for the corporation to make money. If the corps employee's werent creating the specific products the store sold (Employees had to go from machine to machine baking pies etc) the stock would be empty and there would be nothing to sell. Thats the kind of immersive activities you guys SHOULD have implemented into the game, literally.
No idea what half your post is about but I assume you haven't read much of what has been posted.

The success of v1 and v2 was through us doing new things that hadn't been done before, not by simply copying previous role plays. Apex might not be for everyone but we were not interested in doing another Corp RP, I'm sure there will be one available for those who prefer it.

I'd say the majority of people will at least give it a try before saying its bad and throwing a tantrum on the forum - those are the users we'll be listening to and I would recommend just waiting and trying it out, if it's not for you it's not for you! :)

abe

Jan 4, 2018
United Kingdom
Even I who was just playing peak for competitive purposes loved presence of the other passive side individuals who had the option between an immersive lifestyle rather than being forced into becoming a stat hungry roomload obsessed idiot.
what are you on about? LOL
you talk crap and didn't read the thread i guess

love the look of skills and i dont see much difference except that corp workers will now be out doing stuff but they are protected by guards so it will be even better for us people who like to be involved but are not really good fighters. fighters have got loads of new stuff that looks cool, really excited!

Cammy

Oct 26, 2016
This looks far too good.

So drug makers will be able to trade the drugs they make?

Will you only be allowed to produce drugs if you have a turf?

Acqua

Jan 12, 2019
Feel like there should be more support (Heal) Skills, don't really like the idea of Medic being JUST a self heal, would be more fun if you could actually heal your gang members/friends, also feel like this would bring more variety to the game for people that don't wanna fight and prefer to stay in the back line. Kinda like a doctor.

Reactions: Cammy